Willamette Valley Intergroup is a non-profit corporation whose purpose (outlined in the bylaws) is to encourage mutual support and cooperation between groups in the Willamette Valley community.
WVI is funded by 7th tradition contributions made by District 4 individual members and A.A. groups.
Our purpose is to serve District 4 groups, meetings, and members to reach their “primary purpose,” which is “to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.” (“Preamble,” www.aasalem.org/meeting-resources and www.aa.org)
Online we accomplish this goal by –
- Providing updated meeting information as provided by groups and meetings representatives.
- Connection to support via a in person manned 24-hour hotline phone number.
- Listing AA events and disseminating a regular newsletter with events and information.
- If you want to sign-up for the newsletter, please use the email signup bar at the bottom of the website.
- Provide printable meeting hosting materials like the steps, traditions, and preamble.
- Describe different types of meetings and service committees, post a calendar of service committee meetings, and provide basic contact information for resources most commonly used.
- List Willamette Valley Intergroup contacts.
At our Central Office location, we provide –
- Printed meeting guides.
- For sale –
- General Service conference approved (and non-approved) A.A. Books.
- General Service conference approved A.A. Literature.
- A.A. coins
- A.A. sundries
- The Central Office now takes credit cards for a small fee.
- Answer incoming calls.
- Facilitate 12 Step calls.
- Provide service positions.
The Willamette Valley Intergroup meets on Zoom at 7:00 pm on the 3rd Monday of each month. The Meeting I.D.: 774 079 2815. Passcode: 474704. Attendees are the Advisory Board, Subcommittee Members and AA Meeting Intergroup Representatives, but all are welcome to join in.
Our 7th tradition states that “Every AA group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.” (12 x 12 page 160, www.aa.org)
Intergroup Central Office thanks you for contributing time and money. We could not do it without you!