Here are links to the information on the About Intergroup page (alphabetically).
- ByLaws (this opens up another page)
- Central Office information
- Service Committees (this opens up another page)
- Service Committees Calendar (this opens up another page)
- Willamette Valley Intergroup contacts (events and meetings emails; list of intergroup committee members and contact information.)
Central Office Information
Willamette Valley Intergroup is a non-profit corporation whose purpose (outlined in the bylaws – link above) is to encourage mutual support and cooperation between groups in the Willamette Valley community.
The office is funded by 7th tradition contributions made by District 4 individual members and A.A. groups.
Our purpose is to serve District 4 groups, meetings, and members to reach their “primary purpose,” which is “to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.” (“Preamble,” www.aasalem.org/meeting-resources and www.aa.org)
Online we accomplish this goal by –
- Providing updated meeting information as given to the office by groups and meetings.
- Connection via our 24-hour hotline phone number.
- Listing AA events and disseminating a regular newsletter with events and information.
- If you want to sign-up for the newsletter, please use the email signup bar at the bottom of the website.
- Provide printable meeting materials like the steps, traditions, and preamble.
- Describe different types of meetings and service committees, post a calendar of service committee meetings, and provide basic contact information for resources most commonly used.
- List Willamette Valley Intergroup contact names (see above – a link to the ByLaws).
At our Central Office location, we provide –
- Printed meeting guides.
- For sale –
- General Service conference approved (and non-approved) A.A. Books.
- General Service conference approved A.A. Literature.
- A.A. coins
- A.A. sundries
- The Central Office now takes credit cards for a small fee.
- Answer incoming calls.
- Facilitate 12 Step calls.
- Provide service positions.
The Willamette Valley Intergroup meets on Zoom at 7:00 pm on the 3rd Monday of each month!! The Meeting I.D.: 774 079 2815 Passcode: 474704. All are welcome to join in.
Our 7th tradition states that “Every AA group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.” (12 x 12 page 160, www.aa.org)
Intergroup Central Office thanks you for contributing time and money. We could not do it without you!
Willamette Valley Intergroup Contacts
WVI Events Coordinator
This is different than the Events Committee, which plans events for our area (that chair’s contact info).
The WVI Events coordinator uploads current flyers to the Events page online and sends out the monthly Events and News Newsletter.
If you want to receive the emailed Newsletter, please type in your email address (Email Signup) at the bottom of every page.
WVI Meeting Scheduler
This is the individual who updates the meetings on the website, which then trickles down to the Meeting Guide application.
There is another member who updates the meeting schedule hard copy twice monthly and that is loaded on the meetings page, called “Printable Schedule.”
2023 Advisory Board Contacts
The Advisory Board members are listed below:
- Chairperson – Cathy C. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chairperson – Susan K. email@example.com
- Recording Secretary – Sherrie A. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer – Jane A. email@example.com
- Member at Large A – Matthew S. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member at Large B – Donna H. email@example.com
- Member at Large C – OPEN
2023 Sub Committee Chairs:
- Events Chair – Rokki P firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Coordinator – Rose A. email@example.com
- Webmaster – Sarah W. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outreach Coordinator – Stephanie T.
- Meeting Schedule Coordinator – Quent O. email@example.com
- District 4 Liaison – Cora C.
- Telephone Coordinator – Carlina W.
- Al-Anon Liaison – VACANT
- H&I Chair – VACANT
WVI Central Office
687 Cottage St NE
Salem, OR 97301
24-Hour Phone Line
Mon – Fri 10 am – 6 pm
Sat 10 am – 2 pm